Friday 25 February 2011

NewsJack ... News

My name on the NewsJack website ^

I have had a one-liner accepted by NewsJack. It features in the third episode.

I don’t know what I’m more proud of; the fact that I got something accepted or the fact that, what was accepted was anti-Cameron. It’s just an overwhelming feeling of happiness all around.

I was actually quite shocked that out of the material I’ve been sending in, something was picked in the week in which I really slacked off and it wasn’t until Sunday night my girlfriend reminded me that I hadn’t written anything. So after working 5.00am – 1.00pm Monday, I came home with two newspapers (i newspaper & The Guardian) and read as much as I possibly could and wrote whatever my extremely tired brain could muster and sent them in.

I did have a dream earlier this week that something would be accepted, some may say that’s a premonition, but I also dreamt that the BBC offered me a full-time job, yet that hasn’t come about … yet.

But anyway, I’m now officially a paid writer. I real bona fide paid writer, that has [well currently; is waiting for] been paid for something I have written. Plus, I’m getting paid by the BBC, the bloody BBC!




No comments:

Post a Comment